A little about this veil.
My grandmother McNeill made my mother's entire wedding dress and veil, it was lined with beautiful lace and pearls from top to bottom. All hand sewn with love!
My mother was STUNNING in her dress. However, the dress and veil was a candlelight ivory color (I made that color up myself ha) so every dress I tried on didn't really work with her veil. I was super disappointed as I wanted to be able to use her veil as my something old. Lucky for me my wedding planner had the idea to take some of the lace and pearls off my mothers veil and wrapped my bouquet with it so that my mother's veil was present for my magical day.
As most of you on Facebook know I started making headband flowers for Adalyn to kill time and destress the last few weeks of my pregnancy. I was looking around our condo and found my mother's veil in a wedding box. Of course I thought now that would be a beautiful headband and Adalyn would have the flower to use (if she wished) on her special day. Something old from her childhood, from mommies special day worn by her Gamma and made by her great grandmother.
Sadly when I put the flower together I didn't think about the size of Adalyn's head! Of course the flower itself is bigger then her head right now! So mommy had to improvise. Here is the first reveal of Adalyn and her Gamma's wedding veil! I am sure in a few months I can do another set of pictures. Maybe a beach session with only a diaper cover, the leftover veil around her and the headband! For now.. I am over the moon for this little girl and the many "first" and many things I will be able to pass down to her.


Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing this story.
ReplyDelete