Dear Adalyn Dale,
I think that it's important that I share with you while you are off sleeping and dreaming about your prince charming right now during your nap time, that love isn't easy. While I know you are only 3 weeks old I have to tell you I want so badly to protect your little heart from all the heartbreak your mommy endured. However, the truth is, just like Gamma tried to protect me from a few broken hearts, you will have to fall a few times to find the right love for you.
One movie quote I love the most is from Grease (I pray you will come to love this movie as much as I do) :
---{{Men are rats, listen to me, they're fleas on rats, worse than that, they're amoebas on fleas on rats. I mean, they're too low for even the dogs to bite. The only man a girl can depend on is her daddy}}---
The truth is little one the only real man a girl can trust and learn from to find the perfect prince just for you is your daddy!
You're Paw Paw for example. Yes he is stubborn, melts when he see's you (he was like that with mommy as well), he is compassionate, loving, laid back, always has an ear to listen to mommy's troubles, leaves the best notes and gives the best hugs! God picked him to be my daddy because he is very much in many ways like your daddy. The characteristics they share are the same ones that made mommy fall in love with your daddy!
While it is important to find someone who was created just for you, it's more important to value who you are.
Loving yourself sweet girl has a greater value then someone else loving you. Once you learn to look in the mirror and say {{I Love ME}} then you will truly understand how to accept someone else's love unconditionally. Love in our world seems to come very easy. Whatever you do skip the "easy" and wait for the love that makes you work on yourself to understand. Many times your mommy "thought" she had the love she had looked for but really truly the only thing I had was someone who could fill a void that only I could truly fill.
When you are solid in your own footsteps then God will truly bless your life.
I know as you read this you might not believe me. But trust me! It is so true..
How do I know?
In 2013 (three years ago from right now) I had every plan to take my life because I thought that the person I was with was the "love" of my life. When that all ended I had lost hope. I had found my value in someone else, he held the key to my happiness in his own pocket. You're Aunt Caleigh shook mommy up and made her realize that what I didn't have was mine to gain. She made me realize that my life wasn't over. In fact it hadn't begun yet.
Harsh truth is she was right. So I spent almost 2 years learning to love me.
I met your daddy at the end of 2014. He didn't try to control my happiness, in fact he couldn't because I had found value in my own self worth. Instead your daddy helped me love myself even more as I learned to grow and love him.
The love that I had for myself over time was so strong that I learned I could love your daddy MORE. He became a priority because I knew I still had value in myself. To say I have had a Cinderella love story is SO TRUE! You're daddy is a sweep you off your feet kind of man! You don't know this but, each night I get to watch your daddy sweep you off your feet after he changes and gets you ready for bed. He is so in love with you. I get to watch his love and hear his words of love over your life daily. He wants nothing but the best for his sweet little girl just like your Paw Paw wanted for me.
My final words of advice as you navigate through your own adventure in love is this:
Fall in love with Jesus
Fall in love with yourself
Love your daddy (he holds many keys to finding the right man)
No matter how many times you fall, no matter how many heartbreaks you will have.. Mommy will always be there to pick you up, help you shake off the dirty and give you another push to keep dreaming and never settle!
You are special my sweet little girl. You are loved my sweet little girl. You will change the world and show a greater love then you could ever imagine sweet little girl of mine!
No comments:
Post a Comment